ESB, together with GameTurnier, eStudios and, g4g.ch are proud to present the Zurich Invitational! We truly believe that with the right tools in place and with the right investment, Battlefield Esports can have a significant place in the competitive gaming market. Together with our partners, we believe this event is the first step into making our vision a reality.
What is the Zurich Invitational?
The Zurich Invitational is our first event of the 2019/2020 season, a 4 team, double-elimination, 5v5 Domination, invite-only Battlefield 1 LAN event on PlayStation 4.
The winning team will be taking home 1000 € and the Zurich Invitational Trophy, the second-placed team will receive 5 X-Tubs from X-Gamer (with everyone receiving some small prizes and goodies regardless).
There will also be a Scuff Infinity 4PS Pro Controller for the tournament’s MVP (Most Valuable Player).
While we did want to host this event on Battlefield V, the Private Games feature still hasn’t been released. This means that the event will take place on Battlefield 1 for now, with Battlefield V a possibility depending on when Private Games release, and whether we have news in the next few weeks or not.
When and where does it take place?
The event will take place from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (CEST) on Saturday, October 12th, 2019 at eStudios in Zurich, Switzerland.
Will there be a live-stream?
No, there won’t be a live-stream, there will be two!
The magnificent eSLC duo will be covering the event in German directly from Zurich on the GameTurnier Twitch (twitch.tv/gameturniertv), while the legendary BrettFX and a surprise guest will be covering the event in English on the ESB Twitch (twitch.tv/esbinternationaltv).
Make sure to tune into this epic event!
How can teams participate?
In order to participate, teams will have to read and understand the “Eligibility Check-List” detailed below and make sure their team meets the event requirements. Once they understand the requirements, teams will be able to sign-up to participate in the event by providing all the requested information via the form in the “Sign-up” tab of this article.
Teams that have regularly competed in our events in the past will be prioritized during the invite process.
Teams will have to pay a 250 € Team Ticket (50 € per player) and for their own travel to Zurich on the required dates. Two-night accommodation (Hotel) for teams (5 players per team) will be provided by ESB (Friday & Saturday night).
Eligibility Check-List (Overall Requirements)
Below is a list of requirements each player and team must meet in order to be considered eligible for this event.
Please note that sign-ups close on Thursday, September 26th, 2019 at 7:00 pm CEST
- Players must be at least 18 years old in order to participate.
- Players must be legal residents of one of the following countries:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Players must be able to provide legal ID from one of the above countries.
- Players that are currently serving a ban from ESB events may not participate.
- Each team has to be composed of exactly 5 players.
What Peripherals can I use to compete?
While a regular DualShock 4 Controller will be provided to each player, players may bring their own controllers. As this event will be played on PlayStation 4, only tournament approved (non-modded) PlayStation 4 controllers from the list below will be allowed to be used:
- SONY DUALSHOCK®4 Controller
- SCUF Impact Controller
- SCUF Vantage Controller
- SCUF Infinity 4PS (Regular/Pro) Controller
- ASTRO C40 TR Controller
- BURN PS4 Controller
- NACON Revolution (Unlimited/Pro) Controller
- RAZER Raiju Ultimate Controller
Please Note: All equipment will be tested prior to the event starting.
- Sign-ups OPEN: Thursday, September 12th, 2019 at 7:00 pm CEST
- Sign-ups CLOSE: Thursday, September 26th, 2019 at 7:00 pm CEST
Note: We will have the 4 participating teams announced by Friday, September 27th at the latest.
- Team Arrivals: Friday, October 11th, 2019 by 4:00pm CEST
- Media Availability: Friday, October 11th, 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm CEST
- Players will be required to be at the venue for Pre-Event pictures and interviews.
- Tournament: Saturday, October 12th, 2019 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm CEST
- Teams Leaving: Sunday, October 13th, 2019
F.A.Q – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a Mouse and Keyboard to compete?
- No, as this is a PlayStation 4 event, only the controllers listed in the “Information” section may be used to compete in this event.
- My team or one of my players live outside of Europe, can we not compete?
- While we will be prioritizing European based teams for practical reasons, we will be reviewing these situations on a case by case basis due to possible travel visas required. Please contact “CodeName_Deus#0296” via private message on Discord for further information.
- What about PC and Xbox?
- This event is a first step for ESB and its partners to help kick off Battlefield Esports properly. Our goal will always be to host events on all platforms, and we hope to be able to replicate this kind of event in the future.
- Please note: The more active a platform is in our online events, the easier creating events such as these ones is.