The original article can be found: HERE
The time has come to open the Battlefield 1 Incursions servers again! And this time, we’re doing it on all supported platforms: PC, Xbox and PS4*.
Over the last month we have made quite a few changes to the experience, based on feedback and discussions with the community.
*Battlefield 1 Incursions is available for Battlefield 1 players who register in-game and are accepted into Battlefield 1 Incursions, Battlefield 1 PC Incursions Community Environment participants, and Battlefield 1 PS4/Xbox One Community Test Environment participants. Battlefield 1 Incursions is currently available for PC, Xbox One, PS4 NA and PS4 EU.
Players abandoning a match before it is over has been a problem we’ve been seeing for a few releases in the Battlefield 1 Incursions Community Environment. We have identified several reasons as to why this happens, and when it happens. The first big spike in disconnects happens at the 1-2 minute mark into the match. The second big spike happens at half-time.
The first spike is largely attributed to players not getting the kit they wanted, and being in a poor team composition with no Vehicle Operator, no Squad Leader, poor Anti-tank capabilities etc. The second spike is caused by the same underlying issues and happens more frequently when the match is one-sided.
We want to do a better job at easing players into the experience, to try to get rid of those spikes. We cannot assume a new player understands what a good team composition looks like, or what a winning strategy is. This is why we have introduced the Practice Match. It is played in one half only, and switching kits is enabled while at the deploy screen. There can still only be one unique kit of each per team, but it should allow players to better adapt to what is needed.
At the end of the Practice Match, the player ranking is unaffected. The player ranking will only ever be updated when playing Ranked – which will continue to have locked kits and plays over two halves.
We hope that this addition will improve the experience across both match experiences, as it helps separate new players and advanced players.
In previous releases, in-game progression was driven by time alive and how many kills you got. With this release, we are changing the system to better reward teamplay and performing tasks that benefits the team. The Trench Surgeon will get experience for healing and reviving, as an example. The amount of experience gained through an action is shown in the HUD. Please provide feedback on this system and let us know if you find a way to “game” it. We will be tracking it closely.
Speaking of in-game progression, there has been a lot of discussion on the topic, and we heard you loud and clear. We are continuing to look into this system and always welcome your constructive feedback.
There’s nothing worse than jumping into a match than to have someone exit and leave your team shorthanded. To curtail quitting mid-match, we will be instituting the following Deserter Penalties:
- Abandoning a match will prevent you from matchmaking for 5 mins following the end of the match you left.
- Abandoning 2 will prevent you from matchmaking for 1 hour following the end of the match you left.
- Abandoning 3 will prevent you from matchmaking for 24 hours following the end of the match you left.
KIT AND PROGRESSION UPDATES
- Rank 1: Steel Resolve – Reduces incoming suppression effect.
- Rank 2: Need Reinforcements – Can place an additional spawn point (2 total).
- Rank 3: Press On – Getting a kill or assist adds suppression immunity and activates health regeneration.
- Rank 1: On Me – Can be spawned on if no incoming damage or suppression occurred within the last 10 seconds.
- Rank 2: Smoke Curtain – Smoke grenades fired from the crossbow will cover a larger area.
- Rank 3: Quick Unspot – Spots expire 50% faster.
- Rank 1: Wrench Monkey – Increased vehicle repair speed and wrench damage.
- Rank 2: Just a Dent – Driver will passively repair vehicle at a slow rate while out of combat.
- Rank 3: Sustained Fire – Vehicle reload speed is increased.
Frommer Stop Auto replaced with C96 Carbine
- Rank 1: Tough Parts – Vehicle components are indestructible and vehicles are driveable at all health values.
- Rank 2: Logistics – Vehicle respawn speed is increased.
- Rank 3: Explosive Cargo – Exiting vehicle automatically plants 3 sticks of dynamite at the current location.
- Rank 1: Morale Aura – Heals friendly soldiers within a small radius.
- Rank 2: Not On My Watch – Downed ally drops a smoke grenade when being spotted.
- Rank 3: On Duty – Receives less damage when the syringe is out.
- Rank 1: Pitcher – Increased throwing range of pouches and grenades.
- Rank 2: Crater & Crate – A large ammo crate is dropped when placing a mortar.
- Rank 3: Super Suppression – Increased suppression efficiency.
- Rank 1: Flak Jacket – Reduces incoming explosive damage.
- Rank 2: Fire Bomb – AT Grenade has an incendiary effect when it explodes.
- Rank 3: Limpet Charge Charge – Unlocks the ability to charge at an enemy with a limpet charge.
Tripwire replaced with AT Mine.
- Rank 1: Hasty Retreat – Increased sprint speed when being suppressed.
- Rank 2: Proxy Capture – Decoy head can be used to assist allies in capturing an objective.
- Rank 3: Pilferer – Achieving a melee kill causes the downed enemy to drop 3 ammo pouches.
Tripwire replaced with AT Mine.
- Rank 1: Room For More – Increased max ammo count for explosives.
- Rank 2: Steel Resolve – Reduces incoming suppression effect.
- Rank 3: Explosive Hail – Crossbow fires multiple HE grenades.
- Rank 1: Proxy – Alternate mortar shell can be used to assist allies in capturing an objective.
- Rank 2: Sprint – Increases sprint speed.
- Rank 3: Predator – When aiming down sight using primary weapon, enemy targets visible within the scoped FOV become highlighted.
KITS, WEAPONS & GADGETS
- Fixed an issue where the smoke for the Vehicle Recall could potentially not appear.
- Prevented Trench Surgeons from endlessly deploying smoke on a downed teammate through their second ability. There is now a 16 second cooldown between each use.
- Made suppression less dark and contrasty on Amiens.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed kits other than the Vehicle Operator to drive vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the smoke cloud deployed by the Revive Medic’s Not On My Watch ability would sometimes be desync’d from the revivee’s body.
- Fixed a bug where certain placeable gadgets could not be passively spotted.
- The Control Leader’s Flare Gun resupply is now on a timer to limit its spammability.
- The Mortar will now gain accuracy mostly by firing.
- Added new hint telling players about passive spotting when players attempt to spam the spot button.
- Fixed issue with Combat Sniper playing male VO instead of female VO.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from deploying a spawn beacon as soon as it resupplied.
- Improved the look of the Draft Outro.
- Fixed several cases where the camera could be misaligned when spawning into the Armored Car. Issue still occurs, but less frequently than before.
- The “objective ping” no longer tracks vehicles.
- Fixed a bug where the deploy screen map icon for friendly light tanks wasn’t displaying.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Demolition Driver’s Ability Tough Parts from activating.
- The Tank Hunter and Close Support Tank will now show up as separate vehicles in kill logs.
MAPS & MODES
- Improved the clarity for UI text when between sectors on Desert and before being able to move on Amiens.
- Fixed bug where, in certain cases, it looked like you could spawn on a flag or a person when you shouldn’t be able to.
- On the deploy screen map, the icon for your team’s squad leader is now a star instead of a circle.
- Added each team’s score to the UI.
- Target Dummies in the Training Range have received a new look. They’re still dumb though.
- New hints for loading screens! Who’s excited? I’m excited!
- Amiens: Matches will now end early in the 2nd half if Team 2 takes more sectors than Team 1 took in the 1st half.
- Amiens: Fixed a bug where defenders were prevented from spawning when attackers had 0 spawn tickets left.
- Fixed issue where matches could potentially start with points already scored.
- You can now look around while “frozen” at the start of Amiens or between sectors on Sinai Desert.
- Fixed half time and end of round stats for spectators.
- Fixed issue where players could potentially see the other team during the draft.
- Fixed several issues which resulted in false positives with Deserter Penalties. Deserter Penalties are turned back on for Ranked Queue only.
- Updated MMR calculation. This should result in fewer large MMR swings after placements. Additionally, new players’ starting MMR should more accurately reflect their (likely lower) skill.
Changed default settings for various items.
- My Team Speaks My Language from false to true
- Camera Shake from 0.8 to 0.3
- Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, and Lens Distortion from true to false
- Kill Log from Hide to Show
- Headshot Hit Indicator from White to Orange
- Minimap Size from 125% to 135%
- On-foot minimap radius from 75m to 100m